Monday, May 28, 2018

Welcome to the 2018 Monarch season!

Welcome to the 2018 Monarch season!,

I have had several friends telling me that they have seen Monarchs around and I found several eggs in one of my favorite patches, as well as in my garden!
This is much earlier than in some years, so I am hopeful and encouraged what that means for the season and the population!

When I start to get excited about my caterpillars I often wake up with ideas on how best and easiest to raise them. Last year I created a habitat for my big cats out of an old aquarium, this year I created a habitat for my babies using a shoebox, florist tubes (available online or at bachmans) and a pop up cage that I purchased on Amazon  I will include pictures below.  The really nice thing about this is it is completely portable if I need to take babies with me if I'm out of town.

So go out and Save the Monarch!
The Monarch Lady


No comments:

Post a Comment